The last several weeks have been flooded with news reports and updates on the Occupy _____ protests across the nation. And, I know, you’re sick of it. But it’s happening. Still! And it’s getting bigger! And more organized!
Below is a consolidated list of links that will catch you up on what’s happening and might spark some thoughts on the question, what does yoga have to do with activism?
- In Chicago, 3,000 people march to the tune of “show me democracy, this is democracy!”
- Seane Corn visits Wall Street to chant “Love. Justice. Unity.”
- Boston Mayor says “Civil Disobedience will not be tolerated” after 100′s are arrested. Have you ever been arrested for civil disobedience?
- If you find yourself tired of hearing about the woes of the 99%, maybe you have this.
- Who ARE the 1%? (you might be surprised)
- Don’t forget, the U.S. is not the only place where protests are continuing.
- A funny clip with a serious message: sometimes the thing you protest is the thing you become.
- Is doing asana in the middle of a protest the only method of socially engaged yoga?
- Download the newest Origin Magazine and consider why activism can be an unproductive outlet for our rage (article by Seane Corn)
- We would love to hear about how you have engaged the Occupy _____ protests and the stories you have heard and found inspiring or discouraging throughout the events.
Are you a part of the 99%?